Five reasons to choose a stainless steel sippy cup over a plastic one
1. Safety. Most plastics are made from petrochemicals, which means they are made from crude oil. Every year, thousands of tons of discarded plastics are placed in landfills or end up along roadways, floating in lakes or streams, or burned in trash barrels. Scientists tell us that many of these plastics leach chemicals into our food and water before being discarded. Knowing the possibility of food contamination and the massive cost that disposable plastics cause our society, it seems a no-brainer to choose a reusable, steel sippy cup.
2. Durability. Products made of stainless steel are durable, they can take a beating and still be usable. A dropped cup will not shatter like a ceramic cup would and steel cups will not crush from being stepped on by little feet. Often, the products are so durable that they can later be passed on to younger children or kept as a family memento.
3. Cleanup. Cups made from food grade steel and polypropylene are non-staining and non-reactive. They do not carry odors or flavors from one beverage to another like some plastics will, which makes using the cups much more appealing and makes cleanup much fast and easy. Most cups can be washed with mild soap and water and rinsed out in the kitchen sink. A few can even go in the dishwasher.
4. Image. Stainless steel looks classy. There is a certain “retro” look to using cups, bottles and glasses made from shining steel; a rugged look that speaks of individuals who do more than just follow-the-crowd and buy the same plastic products that everyone else buys.
5. Adaptable. Some sippy cups have a design that is very similar to water bottles for adults, and this allows them to be outfitted with a different cap so the child can continue to use the cup as a drinking water bottle or small canteen, which extends the product life for several additional years.
Billy Oatey has been involved in the real estate industry in Michigan for over 30 years. He has traveled extensively around Northern Michigan and has enjoyed many hours in the outdoors. To help protect our environment, he now sells stainless steel travel mugs and stainless steel water bottles from his online store at http://stainlesssteeltravelmug.org
Article from articlesbase.com
Related Plastic Bottles Articles
- PR5 NoFollow Links from Yale.edu | Earn Money Online!
- SMT Hi-Rel COTS series of solid tantalum chip capacitors | News …
- href=”/windows/dvd_video/mobile_video_converters/”>Mobile Video …
- href=”/windows/system_utilities/other_system_tools/”>Other System …
- href=”/windows/system_utilities/mouse_keyboard/”>Mouse & Keyboard …